The [wait] of the world.


Currently listening: [unlove you by jennifer nettles; when we were young by adele]

Sometimes, I think that this might all be too much. What are we actually waiting for? Time? Love? Money? What actually makes you happy? Is happiness what we are all truly looking for?

              "You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.                    You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."
-Albert Camus

I don't believe truer words to have ever been spoken. The reason for this post today..I received an email regarding happiness in life. In part, this email asked, "How are you so happy/how do you live such a full life?"

I love questions like this because they are all perspective, honestly. I will not say that I do not live a full life, but what makes me happy? I will say that I am not happy ALL of the time. There are days that is world seems too much to handle, like I will never be enough to fulfill all that I am put on this earth to fulfill. 

To answer this email to my subscriber..
You are the person who decides whether or not you are truly happy. You don't have to date someone to make you truly happy. You can complete yourself. But you need to discover this on your own. Sure, being with someone that you love might make you happier than ever, but in the same sense, what if that person leaves? What if something happens to that person, where does your happiness stand?

What I am saying is that you have to see where your "baseline happiness" is before you can really start living. This is how I know when I am feeling "off" or seem to be having a "bad day", I can say OK, tomorrow is another day, let's restart. Breathe. 

That's another thing that I hear a lot of...a bad day. What exactly IS a bad day. On the flip side to knowing your happiness, you need to know your sadness as well. Your worst day might be someone close to you who has died, or it might be losing your job. When we say we are having a "bad day" we need to ask ourselves, is it a bad DAY, or just a bad moment? Take a second to step back from the world and look at what is going on. Take a break to breathe and realize that you probably aren't having a bad DAY when something goes wrong, but you are just having a bad moment. 

I want you bring you to the realization that we cannot be spending our time having these "bad days" when in reality, that bad moment that you just had is only a fraction of your day. The reality is that we might not get to see tomorrow, so do you really want to spend the rest of today being mad, angry, sad at something that is so minor? 

I personally am guilty of finding my mind wandering past memories. That's why I love the song "When we were young" by Adele. In my mind, it's quite sad, leaving past memories behind that were so great, but I also have to look to the future for wonderful memories that are to come!

As I said before, it's all perspective.

Don't ever let your perspective dim your happiness.

As Always,

Love J









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear future husband ♥

New year, [Knew] you...

To whom it may concern; ♥