Self-love




Currently Listening: Die a Happy Man by Thomas Rhett & Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld


         So it's been a little over a year since I've started this blog. I haven't posted nearly as much as I would have liked, but I'm glad that the posts that I have written were able to help so many of you. I am going to try and post more, and answer your questions that have been sent in. I recently got accepted into nursing school, so that will take up much of my time, but I'm always available on email if needed!
         In this post, I want to touch on self-love. I've spend most of this year talking to friends about relationships, but more than that, I've been stressing the importance of getting to know yourself and gaining confidence to just BE. I recently saw a post by Adele, that summed up pretty much what I feel and what I want you all to think about: 


     "I’ve felt like I’ve spent my while life so far wishing it away. Always wishing I was older, wishing I was somewhere else, wishing I could remember and wishing I could forget too. Wishing I hadn’t ruined so many good things because I was scared or bored. Wishing I wasn’t so matter of fact all the time. Wishing I’d gotten to know my great grandmother more, and wishing I didn’t know myself so well, because it means I always know whats going to happen in the end. Wishing I’d waited and wishing I’d hurried up as well... Now I’m making up with myself. Making up for lost time. Making up for everything I ever did and never did…I miss everything about my past, the good and the bad, but only because it won’t come back."


     We've all heard "you want what you can't have", and this couldn't be more true for humans. We want something and then once we have it, we want something else. Will we ever be happy with what we have? Being happy is just a mind set. YOU make the decision to be happy, to be sad, or somewhere in between. 
      I've had a few friends this year go through some pretty tough break-ups, and left wondering WHY. Why me, what did I do, etc. In turn, I've spend long hours helping them realize that there is nothing wrong with them, and that each relationship that we have in our lives is needed to teach us how to live, love, hurt, grow, and be strong. Break-ups hurt, and I know they suck, but take that mind set and turn it into a positive thing. Before we are able to find a person that we want to be with, we must know ourselves first. Just be able to be alone with yourself. Get into your own mind before letting someone else in. 
     Much of the time, we get into relationships that we are not ready for, and then realize that we are unhappy but we don't know why. Then we spend time wishing for things, like Adele said, we spend time wishing for things that we don't have, then once we have it we wish for it to go back. This wishing and unhappiness, again, is a mindset. Be grateful for what you have in the present. You can make hopes for the future, but in order to truly be happy, we need to look at ourselves first before stepping forward. What do we really want, who are we, what makes up happy. Don't spend time just wishing it away. Spend the present time being with yourself and grateful for the positive things to come in the future. 
    In order to build happiness in our futures, we must have a strong foundation of self or else our happiness and future dreams will have nothing to build on. Don't spend time looking back in the past, or thinking of things that you "should have done". There are no regrets, and you can start TODAY, building your future for tomorrow. It's one step at a time. You are where you are today because of past decisions, but your future depends on decisions that you are making today. Today you will be happy, and that is all you should focus on, because tomorrow is not a promised thing. Don't worry about the future. Don't worry about the past. Be here, and be now.


As Always,

♥J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear future husband ♥

New year, [Knew] you...

To whom it may concern; ♥